16 February, 2012

Siquijor Tour (along the Circumferential Road)

When Noel picked us up from the pier and dropped us off at The Danish Lagoon, we asked if he could tour us around and he said yes.  He said regular whole day tour rate is Php1,200.00 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. 

Noel was supposed to pick us up in the resort at 9:00 AM but since we woke up late, we were just about to finish our breakfast when he arrived.  We ended up leaving the resort at 9:30 AM.

Inclusions to this tour are only those that are along the Circumferential Road.  These include Capilay's Spring Park, San Isidor Labrador Church, Lazi Convent, Cambugahay Falls, Salagdoong Forest and Salagdoong Beach, Tulapos Marine Sanctuary, Guiwanon Spring Park Resort and St. Francis de Assisi Church and Bell Tower.

I actually made my own itinerary in which I divided our tour to two days, with emphasis on the towns of the province.  As Siquijor only has six provinces, my first day is a tour of the towns of Enrique Villanueva, Maria and Lazi while the second day would be visiting the towns of Larena, Siquijor and San Juan and their respective attractions.  

But Noel said that since Siquijor is just a very small province (the third smallest in the country), it can be toured in one day.  Later, I will post an updated and final itinerary and discuss at length why a particular place or activity was scrapped off our list.

I will also blog in detail the places that we went to in my succeeding posts.  I just made a separate entry for this so I could highlight the rate and the destinations for this tour. 

And though the standard rate was Php1,200.00, Yen and I ended up paying Noel P1,500 plus tip fee since we finished at past 8:00 PM. 

And yes, for such a tour, you also have to shoulder your tour guide's meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment