15 February, 2012

Cebu to Siquijor


Our Ocean Jet fast craft left Cebu at 3:45 PM, ten minutes late than its schedule of 3:35 PM.

About twenty minutes after we left Cebu's port, I realized that I was not able to inform La Playa that we were finally coming so I sent an SMS but her reply unnerved me as she said they are fully booked.  Whoa. 

Good thing the girl scout in me has a printout of the itinerary I made with notes on accommodations options.  I first called Coco Grove Beach Resort but the lady told me that their only available room costs Php4,500.00, which is beyond our budget.  I then called Coral Cay Resort and Charisma Resort but they too were fully booked.  Finally, I was able to get a room at The Danish Lagoon Luxury Beach Resort at Php2,500.00 and also book ourselves to a pick-up from the pier to the Danish Lagoon.

Now all settled as I was sure we have a place to stay in, I spent the entire trip watching the movie onboard, which was The Smurfs or reading Robert Ludlum's The Matarese Countdown.

We arrived in Siquijor at about 8:45 PM so that puts our travel time to about 5 hours though it could have been faster if their route does not include stopping by Dumaguete's port. 

No comments:

Post a Comment