28 March, 2009

Pasalubong from Palawan

For those of you who are wondering what to give to friends as pasalubong (keepsakes) from Palawan, you need not worry as virtually all tourist destinations have souvenir shops where you can buy indigenous products like boxes or containers made of rattan, bamboo rain makers, hats, capiz shell products and bags. There are the perennial key chains too, fridge magnets and of course, shirts.


Pearl products are also quite popular and they sell them cheap.


They also sell other jewelry pieces like earrings, necklaces and bracelets made from shells and other semi-precious stones.


For those of you who are into food products as pasalubong, cashew nuts will do but I suggest you buy them at the airport as it's cheaper to buy there. You may also want to buy food products from Baker's Hill. Their hopia and crinkles are very popular among locals and tourists. For details on Baker's Hill and pictures of its products, click HERE.

As for myself, I bought a pair of pearl earrings, crocodile fridge magnets that a friend specifically asked for, a rain maker, cashew nuts as well as various food products from Baker's Hill, paper weights and pens. The irony here though is that I did not buy anything for myself as what I bought were all given to loved ones and friends.

Oh well, I guess the pictures I took as well as the memories I have of the place will suffice as keepsakes of one of my best trips ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment