02 August, 2012

Yellow Flowers Galore at Sumilon Island

While I was organizing my Sumilon Island photos, I could not help but notice that the only three flora photos I got bore the color yellow.

First off is this photo.


I just googled "Yellow Vine Flower" and got lucky with the results as it identified the flower above to be Allamanda, also known as Yellow Bell, Golden Trumpet or Buttercup Flower.

Next is this photo I got of a calachuchi, also known as Plumeria or Frangipani.


Last is this photo of a cluster of yellow flowers.


I tried searching its name but failed.  But this is a very common flower in the Philippines as I see it in many houses, especially in provinces.  I even remember that our neighbor has this and when I was a child, I would make a crown out of these flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment