06 March, 2012

Late-night Snack at Sunset Restaurant

Because we were so tired from our two-day very physically demanding tour of Siquijor, after our rather disappointing late lunch in Coco Grove's Salamandas Restaurant, Yen and I decided to take a rest then tour the resort at maybe 7:00 or 8:00 PM. 

But we were so tired that after a quick shower, I slept!  Yen also did not wake me up as she was fine with watching the news and also took a nap herself.  When I woke up, it was already 9:00 PM and my tummy was grumbling.

And so Yen and I decided to have a snack at Sunset Restaurant, which was the only open restaurant at the time and the same restaurant where we had our dinner the previous night.

While waiting for my food, I walked by the beachfront and took photos of the restaurant and its setting.




Then my order of Cheese Sticks priced at Php 120.00 was served. 


 Cheese Sticks are cheese wrapped in pastry and deep fried.  


This was the only food from Coco Grove that I liked.  Oh well, maybe it's because I am a sucker for things cheesy (I mean the food, okay?  Though I'm kind of romantic too.  Ha ha!)  that even the cheese sticks sold at Php 10.00 in UP can brighten up my day.

Ever the dessert lover, I couldn't stop myself from ordering their Halo-Halo, one of my all-time favorite desserts. 


But I was so disappointed when I tasted it as it was the weirdest halo-halo I ever had due to it having mango, watermelon and pineapple.  The watermelon and banana lakatan were bland and the mangoes and pineapples were sour.  Gross.  What more, its consistency was already liquid-y and the ice was not finely crushed.  It was so not worth my Php 120.00 that I asked the food attendant if this was their standard Halo-Halo serving and she said yes as it's a "tropical" one thus the mangoes, watermelon and pineapple.  

Dang!  Why wasn't that detailed in their menu so I could have ordered something else?  I only saw Halo-Halo in the menu so I thought it is the usual one that consists of Buko (young coconut) shreds, Langka (jackfruit), Ube (purple yam), Nata de coco, Kaong, Leche Flan, Garbanzos (chickpeas), Banana (the saba variety) and Kamote (sweet potato).  Click HERE on what this yummy dessert should have.

One of the two things (the other being my yummy cheese sticks) that saved this otherwise mess of a meal was the serenaders who personally went to our table and entertained us with their music.


No comments:

Post a Comment