04 March, 2012

Malay Lacewing and Mangrove Tree Nymph


The above photo is another favorite of my mine when I went butterfly watching in Siquijor's Butterfly Garden.

The red,  black, white, orange and pink butterfly is a Malay Lacewing, which I detailed in my previous post  and noted as the most beautiful and colorful butterfly I have ever seen in my life.  

According to this site, the black, white and yellow one is a Mangrove Tree Nymph or Idea leuconoe chersonesia.  The said site described it as a black and white butterfly like the other species of the genus Idea but having marginal and submarginal spots that are conjoined to form an irregular black band and wing bases that are yellow-tinted.

Capturing both butterfly species in one photo is such a delight that it's no wonder this became an instant  favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment