27 October, 2008

And the weather would be like...?

Don't you just hate it when you are asked a question that requires just enough common sense in the asker for her to realize the answer herself?
Caller: 'Ne, you are in _____, right?

Me: Yes, Ma'am. The hotel is located in _____.

Caller: Okay. WOULD YOU KNOW HOW THE WEATHER THERE IS LIKE?

Me: It is usually sunny in _____. Sometimes, here in Manila, it rains but when we call our _____ office, it is not raining there at all.

Caller: IN DECEMBER, WILL IT STILL BE SUNNY?

Me: Ma'am, I am giving you a general picture of _____'s weather. It is usually sunny the whole year round.

Caller: Eh IN DECEMBER, WHAT IF IT RAINS?

Me: Ma'am, As I was saying earlier, it is usually sunny there. WE COULD NOT VERY WELL PREDICT THE WEATHER, see. Let's just hope for the best.

Caller: I am worried about my guests. ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING THE WEATHER IN DECEMBER?

Me: I know where you are coming from but I am sorry, Ma'am, but there is none. The best help that I can give you is by giving you a general picture of _____'s weather. It is usually sunny, regardless of the month.

Caller. Oh okay. Salamat 'ne. I'll call back.
Geez. The weather is unpredictable, for heaven's sake. Even PAGASA (Philippine Amospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services) has no way of accurately predicting the weather in upcoming months.

And what's with calling me 'ne? I am NOT a little girl, for heaven's sake! Nene ka 'dyan. Hmph! At least this "little girl" has enough sense to not wonder about the weather in December.

1 comment:

  1. lol. that's hella cool! she wanted you to predict the weather. you get some great calls. thanks for posting them. how have you been kid?

    ReplyDelete