16 August, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra

photo credit



The Plot
Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, whose previous collaboration was the worldwide blockbuster "Transformers," join forces with Spyglass Entertainment for another extraordinary action-adventure "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra." From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. JOE team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos. "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra." is directed by Stephen Sommers ("The Mummy," "The Mummy Returns").

Click HERE to view my source of the above plot. For a synopsis, click HERE. You may also visit the movie’s official website or click HERE for its Wikipedia entry.

My Verdict

Watching the movie made me remember that faraway time when I was “one of the boys.” When my childhood toys weren’t dolls but toy soldiers, toy guns and army camps complete with flags, tanks, fences and other battle armaments. It also made me remember the G.I. Joe Choose Your Own Adventure-like books I read as a teen.

G.I. Joe The Rise of the Cobra was one engrossing movie. I love the visual effects (still can’t get over the horror of watching France’s trademark Eiffel Tower collapse) and the fight scenes. But what I like best is the fact that the characters’ pasts were probed thus making the viewer understand their relationships more (like the Baroness’ hatred of Duke and the very palpable enmity between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow).

My friend and I had to wait for more than two hours to get reserved seats for this movie but I must say this movie is worth the wait. Now I can't wait for its sequel.

2 comments:

  1. hello, im just blog hopping....
    i like your site...

    keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched it but I never really was into the whole GI Joe thing so i didn't enjoy it as much as my friends did, lol.

    So i heard there are a lot of typhoons in The Philippines so I wanted to see if you were okay. I'm sorry i havent been around your blog lately. anyway, I will be praying for you, kid.

    ReplyDelete